Pleasants Paving is an Equal Opportunity Employer, always seeking qualified, energetic job candidates to join our team!
We provide the best equipment for our employees to utilize including new trucks, loaders, dozers and paving machines.
Here you find just a sampling of job descriptions that are frequently available. Please note the details in each description are general statements, intended to be only a broad overview of what each position entails. For more specific information regarding a particular opening, please feel free to contact us directly at 301.662.8211 or contact Ron Johnikin, Vice President of Field Operations at 301.662.8211 Ext. 1435 or RJohnikin@pleasantsconstruction.com
Employment applications are available in English and Español when applying for the positions below.
Drivers are responsible for transporting goods, asphalt and equipment from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: loading and unloading cargo, driving while following all applicable traffic laws, etc.
Dump Truck Drivers
Responsible for driving vehicles to transport and dump loose materials. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Operating levers, turn cranks, etc. to dump contents of truck body. Utilize hand and foot controls to manipulate vehicle to free materials as well as loading and unloading of trucks.
Class A&B Drivers
Class A Drivers are authorized to drive a wide variety of vehicles and tow any trailer. Class B Drivers are authorized to operate vehicles weighing 26,000 lbs or more and tow trailers 10,000 lbs or less.
All welders/fabricators will be responsible for a variety of welding duties including, but not limited to, using specific welding equipment, operation of a variety of cutting torches, hand tools, slings and grinders.
Equipment Operators are responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner. Duties include, but aren’t limited to proper utilization of equipment, routine maintenance, inspection and upkeep of equipment, clear construction area of debris and other materials.
Pleasants Paving’s Project Managers are charged with planning, budgeting and overseeing all aspects of specific paving projects. Responsibilities include, but not limited to working closely with management and client, keeping the project on schedule as well as interacting with workers to ensure job is performed accurately, on time and within budget.
Paving Crew Members
Members must by hand or machine, melt, spread and smooth asphalt. Responsibilities include but not limited to placing asphalt into tanks or hoppers, monitor melting equipment temperature settings, apply product either manually or with the help of equipment such as steamrollers, etc.
Pleasants Paving’s mechanics are expected to have an overall knowledge and skill set to inspect, repair, fabricate, rebuild and maintain company vehicles and equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintenance and repair of vehicle fleet, asphalt equipment, repairing and replacement of broken and damaged parts, etc.
Job Foremen are tasked with direct, onsite supervision of Pleasants Paving employees working on a specific project. Exceptional time management and leadership skills are crucial in the successful performance of this position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to creation and delegation of job duties, employee performance follow-up, budget management and maintaining a positive team environment.
Flaggers are implemented to control entering and exiting job site vehicles as well as ensuring the safe flow of motorist traffic through the area. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to communicating direction to site workers, directing both job and public traffic through the worksite as well as ensuring all safety measures are being acknowledged.
A variety of laborers are utilized to perform a variety of jobs and tasks ranging from general physical work, job site cleaning duties, as well as carrying out miscellaneous orders that may arise throughout a given shift.
Crew Leaders are experienced asphalt workers capable of directing, instructing and overseeing Paving Crew Members. Responsibilities included but aren’t limited to apply asphalt, monitoring and operating equipment and providing guidance to other team members.
Tack Drivers are utilized to drive vehicles in a very precise manner in order to ensure accurate application of product to roads, highways and parking lots. Responsibilities include but are not limited to setting and operating spray bars, maintaining equipment and performing continuous inspections of asphalt applications.
Sweeper Drivers operate vehicles and machinery to clean areas pre and post asphalt application. Responsibilities include but are not limited to disposal of curb debris, cleaning of work area as well as any other duties delegated from Job Foreman or Crew Leader.
Various Administrative Personnel are expected to support senior level office personnel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing reports, answering correspondence, creating presentations as well as carrying out any other assigned clerical duties.
Dispatch personnel are utilized to schedule employees, equipment and service vehicles to specific job sites. Responsibilities include but are not limited to relaying work orders, conveying information to workers, addressing scheduling conflicts as well as planning and coordinating logistic resources for all jobs.
Rehab Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will support the Underground Rehabilitation division to ensure that construction
projects adhere to the contract requirements. Working closely with the project managers and estimator the
Project Coordinator will perform various coordinating tasks along with administrative duties.
The Rehab Laborer is responsible for assisting with the installation of our products into pipelines
and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure.
Rehab Technician 1
The Rehab Technician 1 is responsible for assisting with the installation of our products into
pipelines and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, along
with the operation of 1 of the following: Service Truck, Cure Truck, TV Truck or Jet Vac Truck.
Position requires a valid driver’s license and medical DOT card
Rehab Technician 2
The Rehab Technician 2 is responsible for assisting with the install of our products into pipelines
and structures for the purpose of rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, along with the
operation of 2 or more of the following: Service Truck, Cure Truck, TV Truck or Jet Vac Truck
Position requires a valid CDL driver’s license and medical DOT card.
The Hardware/Network Technician’s role is to support the stable operation of the in-house computer network and maintain in-house technology equipment and IT assets. This includes planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime. This also includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing, and upgrading all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software and network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with end users and department heads to identify and document required network service levels. Work to meet service level agreements with end users.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current knowledge of plan executables. Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend for purchase networking hardware and software products.
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all hubs, routers, switches, bridges, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Configure, test, and support mobile devices (air cards, cell phones, smartphones, tablets).
- Test iOS (iPhone Operating System) and Android releases of operating system (OS) software on mobile devices.
- Perform iOS and Android OS upgrades on mobile devices.
- Review, reconcile, monthly billing from vendors for mobile airtime services.
- Conducts research for mobile device equipment, accessories, and airtime services.
- Create and maintain documentation to include Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Configuration Documentation, Policy Documentation, Training Documentation, Mobile Documentation and Diagrams,
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
- Maintain servers, (physical and virtual) including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Maintain security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to help desk support staff on network issues.
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team as required.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Comp TIA A++, Network+, MCSE or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of corporate, networking, and other hardware.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including
Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and/or 2013.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 28 days per month.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Inspect and install cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Pleasants, a diversified construction and real estate organization is currently seeking an experienced Payroll Practitioner for our Clarksburg, Maryland office. The emphasis of this role will focus on employee setup across multiple entities within a single payroll system and the processing of weekly payroll. This role will support the Payroll Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Payroll Department and help provide the financial information necessary for managerial and executive level decision making.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Payroll Specific Duties
- Collect, compile, enter and process time sheets and time cards using Sage 300 CRE for multiple companies. Work with department managers on missing timesheets
- Import files to load hours from Heavy Job Software into Timberline Software.
- Process weekly payroll and distribute checks to employees
- Ensure the accuracy completion of the attendance book
- Process and maintain records of employee leave status
- Respond to payroll inquiries and concerns from employees
- Complete and submit certified reports to different agencies
- Assist Payroll Manager with special projects
- Protect Payroll operations by keeping information confidential
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES & QUALIFCATIONS
- 4+ years of experience in Payroll
- Experience implementing or integrating different software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Sage 300 CRE (Timberline) Payroll Module experiences a plus
Assistant Construction Manager – Pleasants Development
Pleasants Development is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager.
The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Senior Construction Manager with managing Pleasants Development’s site construction and community maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in the coordination and supervision of site contractors; coordination and interaction with governmental regulatory personnel regarding site inspections; and addressing site related homeowner complaints/issues.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of site contractors as required to meet the Project schedule
- Assist in the monitoring of site work to ensure quality workmanship and conformance with the project plans, specifications and governmental codes.
- Assist in the scheduling, coordination and monitoring of all required governmental and third party site inspections to insure conformance with the project plans, specifications and governmental requirements.
- Assist in the resolution of site design and field issues including the coordination of the appropriate stakeholders to facilitate a solution.
- Assist in the scheduling, coordination and completion of the required builder lot inspections.
- Perform regular builder site inspections to insure conformance with contract requirements.
- Assist in the review of all hourly or additional work documentation including T& M tickets, change orders, work authorizations and field orders for accuracy.
- Assist in coordination, inspection and supervision of bond release work.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination and inspection of site maintenance work.
- Meeting with and addressing site related homeowner complaints and issues.
- Monitoring project site appearance including street cleanliness, builder material storage and cleanup, common area landscaping maintenance and amenity upkeep.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective and patient listening skills
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-yr college degree strongly preferred. Desirable study concentration in construction management or related field. Aptitude and willingness to obtain educational background via night/part time classes if currently not a degree holder.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience preferably in site related or landscape work.
Asphalt Plant Operator
Benefits Offered: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Company: Pleasants Construction
Job Title: Asphalt Plant Operator
Reports To: Plant Manager
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of a warm mix asphalt plant. The plant operator will use computer control within the plant to produce asphalt mixes according to schedule and specification requirements. Employee may be asked to preform daily maintenance and make repairs as needed to assure proper performance of equipment.
- Follow all SAFETY procedures and regulations
- Operate the computer-controlled plant
- Understand technical specifications to produce a superior product
- Work within the daily schedule to maximize production efforts
- Have a knowledge of preventive maintenance and be able to make repairs if needed
- Complete work to ensure standards, specifications and requirements are met
- 2+ years of asphalt plant operation is preferred
- Technical training or related experience
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of warm mix asphalt technology, equipment and standards
- Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skill sets.
- Ability to lead
Primarily inside a climate-controlled room with some exposure to dust, odors and a variety of weather conditions. May work or walk on slippery, uneven surfaces and encounter rough terrain at times. Incumbents may be required to work extended hours, including nights and weekends.
Don’t see a position you’re interested in?
More opportunities are available through Pleasants Construction